Edward C. Valdez
For over 40 years, Edward C. Valdez has been recognized for his dedication and leadership in serving the Central Valley community with exceptional legal representation. He is an experienced award winning bi-lingual attorney specializing in a wide range of areas including personal injury, workers’ compensation, trucking and motor vehicle accidents, as well as business and real estate law.
In addition to his legal practice, Edward C. Valdez is a licensed real estate broker which is an advantage to his clients when negotiating real estate and business matters.
Over the years Edward C. Valdez has also been a very active mentor and volunteer in the Central Valley Hispanic community and at Saint Anthony of Padua Church.
- Humphreys College, J.D., 1973
- California State University, Fresno, B.A., 1970
Bar and Court Admissions
- State Bar of California, 1974
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of California, 1974
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit, 1974
- U.S. Tax Court, 1977
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of California, 1979
Civic and Professional Activities
- Member, Fresno County Bar Association
- Judicial Appointments Committee, Fresno County Bar
- Liaison, Municipal Court & Fresno County Bar
- Superior Court Judge Pro Tempore, 1974-1977
- Member, California Trial Lawyers Association
- Panelist, California Trial Lawyers Association
- President, Local Chapter, Central California Trial Lawyers Association, 1979
- Member, Consumer Attorneys of California
- Member, California Applicants Attorneys Association
- Member, Central Valley Applicants Attorneys Association
- Co-Founder and Secretary, California La Raza Lawyers Association
- Past President and Vice President, Fresno La Raza Lawyers Association
- Law Instructor, Humphreys School of Law 2 years
- Lecturer & Speaker, various groups on workers’ compensation, personal injury & business topics.
- Past President, Torreon Optimist Club of Fresno
- Past Vice President, Christians in Commerce
- U.S. Army, 101st Airborne Division
- Member, Fresno Area Hispanic Chamber of Commerce
- Honored Professional, National Register's Who's Who in Executive & Professionals, 2002
- Elected, Central California Hispanic Chamber of Commerce Latin American Businessman of the Year 1997